Saturday, August 23, 2008

Milwaukee County Courthouse



Completed in 1931, the County Courthouse is on 9th Street just north of Wells Street. The limestone structure is on the National Register of Historic Places, and has been called one of the grandest buildings of its type in the country. Frank Lloyd Wright, probably the most famous Wisconsin architect, once referred to the building as a "million-dollar rockpile". Statues in the open spaces adjacent to the courthouse feature Mahatma Gandhi and Douglas MacArthur.

No comments: